HAIR Earns Nine Awards from the Theatre Association of New York State
Saturday, October 23, 2021 marked the final performance for Aurora Players’ production of HAIR.
During the run, a representative from the Theatre Association of New York State (TANYS) attended to conduct an adjudication of the performance. The production ultimately earned nine awards across multiple categories. These awards will be presented on November 20th at the Rome Community Theater (Rome, NY) during the 2021 TANYS Festival.
Award distinctions are:
Meritorious Achievement = Some advanced theatrical skill noted
Excellence = Theatrical skill base not routinely noted in non-professional theatre
Outstanding Achievement = Theatrical skill base rarely seen in non-professional theatre
The awards are as follows:
- Excellence in Direction awarded to David Hall.
- Excellence in Musical Direction awarded to John Szablewski.
- Excellence in Lighting Design and Execution awarded to Ruth Strzelewicz.
- Excellence in Costume Design and Execution awarded to Nancy Johnson.
- Excellence in Ensemble Performance awarded to The Tribe (Jackson DiGiacomo, Adam Batt, Megan Mahaney, Jason Gonser, Robert Humphrey, Marissa DelVecchio, Isabella Ruof, Aaron Saldana, Ebony Pace, Ian Ronan, Paige Ronan, Madison Hanel, Danielle Burning, Alice Cunningham, Max Kilijanski).
- Excellence in Performance awarded to Jackson DiGiacomo for his portrayal of Claude.
- Excellence in Performance awarded to Marissa DelVecchio for her portrayal of Jeanie.
- Excellence in Performance awarded to Megan Mahaney for her portrayal of Sheila.
- Meritorious Achievement in Performance awarded to Jason Gonser for his portrayal of Woof.